Saturday, March 8, 2008

Years of training.

For, more or less the entirety of my life (save the last 3 weeks and any time before the age of 5)I have been a pleased and efficient user of PCs. The microsoft environment and I have grown up together. You know what I'm sayin' Windows, you too MSFT suite!

Now, in a move to not bring myself further along in a quest to be hip or more cutting edge, I have become, for the most part, a mac user. I was just thrown into this situation, never given a chance and just assigned a new mac upon my first day of my new job. The programs, the applications, they're more or less the same and the OS is easy enough to understand ... the biggest component is learning hot keys, introducing yourself to a brand new landscape of buttons. Sure, its not like Apple is building a product without QWERTY, I mean, jesus ... that's unspeakable.

I'm on my laptop for the first time since I started work. That's right, I haven't touched ol' faithful in a matter of three weeks. That's beside the point.

I'm already reaching for that silly apple key to initiate hot-keys sequences ... and finding my most pointless ALT button not performing the way my hands have adapted, have become conditioned in such a short amount of time.

Other than that ... we cool.

Btw, I'm sitting in my favorite Tullys right now. Or "my office" as I liked to call it before my attainment of employment a few weeks back. These two men, who are sitting next to me, appear to be in their late 40's and the best way that I can sum them up is that they were the guys portrayed in 80's ski movies. Let's paint this one with the broad stroke of a single brush ... douchebaggery.

No comments: