Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hey life, check this one off the list.






If we each went through life with a giant, comprehensive check list of things that we want to achieve or realize in our life, we’d probably live a considerably more depressed life on account of seeing all those unrealized aspirations. (wow, that was bleak)

Aside from that … If said list existed, I would have just checked off one, very line-item. Earlier this week I (with the much needed and appreciated help from my parents, who saved me from having this opportunity fall victim to the dolts at Bank of America-Washington) put down a deposit on two Seahawks season tickets! That’s right, I did not stutter.

I HAVE 2 SEAHAWKS SEASON TICKETS! 100 Level, by the home-team tunnel. It was a strike of lucky lightening for me, a stroke of luck that always misses me. One of my co-workers was kind enough to introduce me to the opportunity, foregoing the waiting list, getting sweet seats for a low price.

(The season tickets will not be in my name… which means I will be getting on the waiting list, with my name… to ensure future season ticket purchase.)

I am a pretty big sports fan, more so in my youth, but primed for a revitalization. The Seahawks are and always have been my favorite franchise. If you think about it, you may gather that it explains a lot about me. They’re frustrating to watch, usually under-perform, loving mediocrity.

When moving to Seattle, these tickets were something I was aiming to achieve.

I cried when I lost my Curt Warner signed hat.

Still, in my possession (but somewhere in storage, in Idaho), I have possibly the largest Dan McGwire card collection.

At one point I had a one jersey, at least 2 framed posters and a reluctant dedication (that lasted too long) of Rick Mirer.

I’ve met, shaken hands with Steve Largent (also: stared at with admiration) and still believe he is the greatest white WR in the game’s history.

I currently alternate my viewings, wearing a Matt Hasselbeck or Chris Warren jersey. I’m working on a Cortez Kennedy and will be purchasing a new, current player jersey (J. Peterson, Lofa… TJ Duckett!?!?!?).

I will be at each and every home game for the 2008 season, with a different comrade, soaking it in.

I’m happy as happy can be, about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daaaaaaaaamn dogg -- can't wait to make it up to Seatown for some Hawks action this year.

Mike Wahle for MVP!