Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today's act of kindness

Today the door bell rang and initially it startled me, as it does everytime the door bell rings and I'm not expecting someone. It was a couple who had been walking their dog and noticed that the lights of my courtesy ride*, a bitchin' 2008 Mazda3, were still on.

I didn't know people did things like this. Not, um, anymore i guess - this is fucking 2011, right?

Someone went out of their way, took their own time, to knock on a stranger's door, knowing they might have the wrong house, to save someone the inconvenience of a dead battery. Would they have knocked on my neighbors door? The duplex across the street? I will say "yes", they would have ... and that pleases me greatly.

I thanked them, played it off as if it wasn't a big deal, waited for them to leave and went to turn off the lights.

*dropped my car off with the dealership to have a seal replaced in my right headlight

No comments: