Monday, July 14, 2008

Civic Duty, 2.

Sitting on the bed, at the Ramada, that I thought was going to be too hard and a bit uncomfortable but ended up being quite nice for sleeping.

Belly full of delectable meats.


Within 45 minutes of landing I was standing on the beach, dripping ocean. 72-75 degrees of pure LA beauty; it was good to be back.

Fast forward to a wonderful meat carnival with a table full of thoroughly enjoyed friends that I see far too little; a nice Sunday.

Now I’m in my D.A. office arranged room @ the Ramada (LA County tax dollars at their finest, y’all) … and I’m feeling a little (check that, a good deal) nervous to sit on the stand and testify against a man who is going away for the rest of his days.

Part of me wants to dive into the analysis of the potential impact (of a guilty verdict) and how many lives will be affected when someone goes to prison forever. But … that’s neither here nor there. It just so happened that some of me, some of my particles intersected him, him and his particles.

These things happen and you deal. What else is there to do?

Honestly.

No comments: